Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sidetracked


CJohn McEnery as Lars Magnusson and Kenneth Branagh as Kurt Wallander in Sidetracked by Henning Mankell.. Credit: ©Left Bank Pictures 2009; BBC for Masterpiece Theater.
This blog as well as several of my other blogs have been woefully neglected. While not the sole reason for this neglect I tend to get sidetracked.


Sidetrack [ˈsaɪdˌtræk] vb
to distract or be distracted from a main subject or topic, to divert from a main issue or course, wander from a direct or straight course


Each day, I surf the internet, clicking on hyperlinks, opening new tabs and windows, flicking between e-mail, Twitter, Facebook and whatever topic it was I planning to post about.

Sidetracked Ghostly Phantom by *D8v1d

The trouble is each hyperlink leads to another, then another, and another; and while at least initially the tabs were related to the original subject, at some point the tabs take off on a tangent that becomes its own independent subject of inquiry, which then leads to new windows and perhaps another blog.

Sidetracked Again: Jim Ford Aamora Project Triptych

 It's not easy to stay on track, since the side trips can be as interesting, if not more so, as the initial subject. Unfortunately, these diversions tend to derail my blogs.




While it would be nice to impose some order to this dilemma, I must admit in all honesty that I love the chaos. I am constantly amused and amazed by what or who presents themselves to me. When I think about it, this situation I currently find myself in is much like the rest of my life whether with relationships, career, or whatever.






No comments:

Post a Comment